Medical or general dermatology is the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair, and nail conditions. The skin is also affected by internal diseases and disorders.
Skin is the body’s the body’s largest and fastest-growing organ and skin conditions shouldn’t be ignored or discounted when treatment and relief is readily available.
Skin is susceptible to a wide variety of conditions. – from harmless, irritating conditions to serious (and sometimes deadly) illnesses.
Dr. Sleep focuses on the examination, diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders and diseases including but not limited to:
- Acne (click for more info)
- Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis (click for more info)
- Nail Disorders (click for more info)
- Hand Dermatitis
- Fungal Infections (Ring Worm “Tinea”, Athlete’s Foot, Jock Itch)
- Hair Loss/Alopecia (Men and Women)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Keloids and Scars
- Leg Swelling and Leg Ulcers
- Skin Discoloration (Melasma)
- Viral Skin Disorders (Warts, Molluscum Contagiosum)
- Skin Cancer Screening and Education
- Skin Cancer Treatment and Removal
- …and many more
Dr. Sleep treats ongoing conditions such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis and eczema, and treats temporary rashes including hives, infections and viral skin conditions.
Skin exams are often the first line of defense against serious skin cancers, such as melanoma.
Annual skin examinations should be performed to screen for irregular moles, determine if any moles pose a risk for cancer, and decide whether any of them need to be removed.
Dr. Sleep can also screen for cancerous growths, precancerous lesions, and determine if any skin discoloration is normal or potentially harmful.
Most moles and birthmarks are benign however changes to their size and/or appearance may be cause for concern.
Skin cancer is more easily treated when identified early, so yearly skin checks are critical.